Monday, March 29, 2010

Baked Beans and Cream Pie

You guessed it, Boston.

Don't ask me how we decide where we go, because I do not know. Terri the Travel Agent found an attractive airfare and next thing I know we're making hotel reservations and running to Borders to buy another Streetwise map. I've only been to Boston once, about 25 years ago for a conference, and Terri has never been, so we'll be exploring a new city.

We'll be busy: travel by bus, train, airplane, subway, and rental car, with stays at four different hotels in six nights. (We're renting a car and driving to far northwest Massachusetts to visit a small museum. They have some paintings I've wanted to see for decades.) But the trip should be easy: I understand that English is widely spoken there, and the ATMs dispense our familiar U.S. dollars.

I could care less about the baked beans, but I plan on gorging myself with Boston Cream Pie.

We leave Wednesday, March 31, and return Tuesday, April 6. Blog posts and snapshots forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment